Scholarship opportunity for domestic Australian students on the strategic research area of:
Diagnostic modelling and prediction of the failure of medical implants with machine learning.
Keywords: Machine Learning, Corrosion, Medical Implants, Artificial Intelligence
Curtin University's Strategic Research Scholarships are funded by the Australian Government and cover the following types of support:
- Tuition fees offset for up to 4 years (full-time load) depending of course and mode of study;
- A stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking HDR study; and/or
- The 2019 value of the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) was AU$27,596 p.a. (free of income tax and indexed annually).
- The 2020 value will be released by the Australian Government in October 2019.
For outstanding applicants, the WA School of Mines: Minerals, Energy and Chemical Engineering at the Faculty of Science and Engineering will top-up the stipend.
- Currently, the annual stipend range is AU$ 27,596 to 43,000 p.a.
- An RTP allowance to assist students with ancillary costs which may include:
- Relocation costs to undertake an HDR at Curtin University; and/or
- HDR thesis printing and applicable publication costs.
- There are additional allowances for these strategic projects, including AU$ 5,000 for mobility and AU$ 2,000 for digital support.
- The student will have access to the state-of-the-art facilities at Curtin Corrosion Centre.
- The student will be jointly supervised by biomedical engineers from Royal Perth Hospital.
- Additionally, Curtin Corrosion Centre will provide supplementary travel support of $2500, and access to the John de Laeter Centre’s state-of-the-art facilities.
Deadline for application: 01 September 2019.
- Australian Permanent Residents,
- Australian and New Zealand citizens,
- A degree in engineering, mathematics, and computer and biomedical sciences.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission at Curtin University (link below).
- Complete the following forms and send it to GRS:
- Application form
- Research proposal (not required if applied under the strategic topic)
- English language declaration
- Primary referee report (compulsory, must be submitted by the supervisor)
- Supplementary referee support (optional)
Any questions please contact the supervisory committee: